=WHAT HAPPENED IN 2015=
1. Faced my fear of public speaking (5 times this year). Gasp!
2. Fell in love with Japan and have the unfortunate dilemma of not wanting to go anywhere else.
3. Finally realized that low-rise jeans are just not made for this body.
4. Confused yet excited I can make a living doing what was once a hobby (and am credible enough to land respectable grants to boot)!
5. Went on some of the best dates of my adult life, from January to December, hopefully conveying to other single ladies that even for achy-bodied, crotchety 39 year olds, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
6. Confirmed I am not a graceful dancer, no matter the genre, but still plan on doing it, you non-believers, so brap-brap-brap!
7. Gave coffee a chance. Gave Drake a chance. Gave sashimi a chance. The three are unrelated.
8. Wrote more. But certain I could not do this for a living again... which is another learned answer and a huge relief.
9. Stood my ground and yelled at a total of 3 taxi drivers this year.
10. Loved my mother, said goodbye to my mother, gave her an eternal home in my slightly bigger heart.
=WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN 2016=
Fresh air. Impromptu lunch dates. Love. Planes, trains, automobiles, motorcycles, tuk-tuks, boats, my own two feet. More serious consideration of a new career and part-time schooling. Something epic for my 40th birthday, including ample booze, profiteroles, and tiramisu. Missy Elliott: Louder. Fewer kettle bells and jingle bells, but maybe more cow bells. Story-writing. Bridge-building. Read more on religion, politics, and culture without getting angry about it. Less finger-pointing. Notebooks and inky pens. An occasional shot of Bailey's.
LET'S GO, 2016: I'M READY.